The mandate of the Nova Scotia Chemists' Society is to represent the chemical profession in Nova Scotia and provide a forum to voice our interests.
The Nova Scotia Chemists' Society is a founding member of The Federation of Canada’s Professional Chemists/Fédération des chimistes professionnels du Canada (FCPC). The FCPC represents Professional Chemist organizations from most provinces across Canada.
We are currently transitioning away from our old website, located at: http://nscs.chebucto.org/ and the Society's primary email address is moving to email@example.com.
This is your chance to help shape the direction and activities of the Nova Scotia Chemists' Society, and so support chemists and chemical technologists in Nova Scotia.
Our goals are to achieve professional registration of chemists and chemical technologists, to be the voice for these professionals, and to act as an information exchange for the Society's members. See below if you are eligible for membership - note that if you do not have the required 24 months of work experience, you may join as a member "In Training."
Students currently enrolled in an accredited chemistry program (and related fields) may join as Student Members, at no cost!
Professional Chemist (P. Chem)
- A degree in chemistry from an accredited program from a Canadian university (or equivalent)
- At least 24 months work experience in the practice of chemistry (work completed as part of an advanced degree may be considered)
Chemical Technologist (Chem. Tech.)
- Technology diploma in chemical sciences
- At least 24 months work experience in the practice of chemistry
1. Click here to download the application form.
2. Send the completed form, along with a copy of your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. We'll email you to verify your employment status.
The annual fee is $35.00 and may be submitted via e-transfer, cheque, or cash.